Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So Frickin Cute I Could Die! Yes, I'm Talking About PB.

As adamantly opposed as I am to the shameless packaged marketing for portion-control foodstuffs -as if we humans are too useless to figure out that we have enough brain matter and will power to learn how to measure a serving size- I surmise there is usually an exception to everything.  And I found it:



I've said it before and I'll say it again, " Peanut butter is a pure manifestation that God loves us."

And the fact that someone added chocolate to it is amazing-a!  It would've been more economical for me to just buy a jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams, but why bring the temptation home to eat it straight from a spoon, when the little teensy weensy package is so much frickin cuter!

Oh yes my friends, this is all natural healthy peanut butter.  No high corn fructose syrup or preservatives.  It's obviously not a whole food, for it has added and mixed ingredients for the lovely combinations.  And yes, I'm still sticking to the no-unnecessary-sugars promise, but I used the Smooth Operator which at 7 grams per serving, you are still within normal ranges of the glycemic index; no insulin spikes.  This is perfect for the times when treats are on the table.

I've gotten to love my pure peanut butter churned right in front of your eyes at Whole Foods (the one that looks like baby diarrhea but tastes like chewy clouds), but to find a dreamy nom-nom mixed in with another all-time favorite yum-yum is like hitting jackpot.

It's labeled gluten-free.  Why, you ask? Isn't it obvious? Many unsuspecting jarred, pre-packaged,  or canned foods, are secretly laced with wheat fillers like modified food starch.  So even something as simple as PB in a jar can sometimes be a risk for those on the watch for gluten.  For the longest time, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why eating tuna from the pouch (switched from can) would still numb the right side of my face (not a pretty picture, but morbidly hilarious).  A stamp of GF insurance saves a lot of tummy aches and more serious symptoms.

More PB LOVE


More awesomeness continues.  There is a whole restaurant and store dedicated to this healthy (in moderation) food.  It's in New York, branded the Peanut Butter & Co.  How amazing would it be to order a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a glass of milk at a restaurant? And not from the kids' menu! I insist you click this: http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/. I bet you peed on yourself a little too, huh?

I actually knew about this a few years ago when the cost of the jar was $5, but because of the price I had forgotten about it.  Due to its popularity and the magical workings of supply and demand, the price has gone down some if you buy it in major retailers.  Walmart had it for $3.46 a jar.  Not sure if Whole Foods carries it but I think I've seen it.

Note: I interject to sadly admit I dislike patronizing Walmart with a passion.  Though I know their peanut butter comes from a humane work place, I know that 4 year old Chinese and Salvadorian little fingers are manufacturing the t-shirts and shoes in a sweatshop.  I'm nor a protester or activist, but I think this problem is currently out of our hands.   It's bigger than the average and/or unaware citizen living from paycheck-to-paycheck.

Let's see if we can move on...PB flavors.

  • Smooth Operator

  • Crunch Time

  • Cinnamon Raisin Swirl

  • The Heat is On (Spicy! How cool is that? Not that I can have spicy. Insert sad emoticon here.)

  • White Wonderful Chocolate

  • Dark Chocolate Dreams

  • The Bee's Knees (with Honey)

  • Might Maple

  • Old Fashioned Smooth

  • Old Fashioned Crunchy


And isn't it ridiculous that you give the gift of Peanut Butter?
click to see Gift Assortments

Can you tell I love peanut butter (In moderation, I repeat. Sort of.)?  I swear I can smell it.  If after my detox I find that I can eat whole wheat bread and pectins again,  one of the first things I'll have is a good ol PB&J.

P.S. I can't even think of going here.  But you can:







4 comments:

CollectiveDisclosure said...

Love the PB blog. I put PB w/ almost everything. In fact, I have a nice sized container of it right here, right now. Yummmmmm.

Naner said...

Peanut Butter....who doesn't have an affair with it? I would have to say it'ts better than chocolate. One of my favorite blogs!

housewifingaround said...

We have one-night stands with chocolate, but we have a fully committed relationship with peanut butter.

housewifingaround said...

Yes! Glad you liked it. I wish the serving size wasn't 4, not 2, tablespoons. lol.